First Baptist Church in Elkin, NC seeks a part-time ORGANIST with the following qualifications and responsibilities:
- Available 46 Sundays per year (6 Sundays off per year)
- 3-5 years of organist experience
- Maturing Christian faith
- Well organized
- Working knowledge of church music and organ
- Provide musical accompaniment for the adult choir and vocal ensembles.
- Program and provide a prelude, offertory, hymn accompaniment, and postlude for weekly traditional worship.
- Program and provide a PIANO prelude, offertory, hymn accompaniment, and postlude for early worship service.
- Program and provide service music for special occasions including, but not limited to Ash Wednesday, Tenebrae.
- Accompany adult and select children's choirs in Wednesday evening rehearsals (no choir rehearsals in July).
- Play for member-related funerals and weddings as requested.
The Organist is accountable directly to the Music Director.
First Baptist Church of Elkin is a fellowship of Christians and seekers who share a vision of becoming a loving and accepting community of faith. Toward that vision, our mission is to follow Jesus faithfully, and to help others follow him too. We value diversity, authenticity, understanding, questions, and dialogue. Everyone is welcome. Really.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact pastor Rick Bennett at email@example.com.
Current status of search: receiving resumes.